Featured Fridays: Gabe Cha
1. Why do you want to be part of Kollaboration?
I want to be part of Kollaboration because I want to be involved in the discovery of today’s new talent. Back in high school in Calgary, I was completely oblivious to the raw and undiscovered talent around me. To be honest, I didn’t even know an organization such as Kollaboration existed. When I first came to Toronto and was told about Kollaboration, Honestly, I didn’t really think much about it until I went to the first couple of meetings and helped out on the first audition day. After seeing such young and talented people performing, especially those younger than me, I really came to appreciate and admire their talents and the work they must have put in to have the courage to perform in front of the judges. I want to be able to support these new aspiring artists/performers as much as possible and I think that Kollaboration is the perfect place to start.
2. What one word would you describe this organization and why?
“Discoverer.” Since this is my second year with Kollaboration, I have seen first-hand, the type of talent Kollaboration was able to bring into the spotlight. The organization as a whole not only gives people, especially the contestants, the opportunity to showcase their talents but they also give the opportunity for the public to witness the growth and potential of these new artists. It is amazing to see the amount of raw talent within one organization.
3. What one word would you describe yourself and why?
4. Name three of your successes.
1. My photoshops! If you didn’t know, I like to make funny photoshops of myself making fun of Korean pop stars or idols. Although the majority of my friends laugh at me for making such ridiculous pictures, I really enjoy making them.
2. Teaching myself how to play the guitar. Back in the day, I played piano for a very long time but then I suddenly stopped because I lost my passion for it. That was when I picked up the guitar and started playing.
3. One of my most recent successes is getting appointed as an executive at one of my student clubs at UofT, Kcutsa, which stands for “Korean Canadian University of Toronto Student Association.” I was actually first introduced to Kollaboration by one of the past execs at Kcutsa.
Gabe in one photo!
This is one of my photoshops! To be honest I only started doing these because I was extremely bored. Tops hair really reminded me of ice cream so i decided to photoshop my hair as that. I only started making these so I am still not very good at using photoshop yet.
This is my tumblr page where I post everything I do. http://ddongchip.tumblr.com/