Featured Wednesdays: Melissa Freixa
1. Why do you want to be part of Kollaboration?
To be able to get out there, make some great new friends, and have a great time! Having this opportunity to help young artists in Canada show off their amazing talent and grow from their experience is also a great experience for me as well! It is so exciting, being able to contribute to the community, working with other volunteers and the amazing staff who are just as excited as I am, and being able to promote the many talented artists here in our homeland! I can’t wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store!
2. What one word would you describe this organization and why?
Hmm, I would use the word “fun” because even though, as a volunteer, there have only been a couple gatherings so far, there have been some crazy fun times together with the Kollaboration family. Everyone puts in a lot of effort and hard work to make this year a success, but at the end of the day, we are all able to say that we had a fun day!
3. What one word would you describe yourself and why?
To describe myself? I’d use.. “happy”. I chose this word because I like to look at the positive side of life, and I enjoy the little things in life, which make me happy.
4. Name three of your successes.
- Graduating this year is definitely a success to me!
- I am proud of are meeting my weight loss goal last year (having lost about 30lbs!)
- And last but definitely not least, I am happy and proud to be a a member in the Kollaboration family-meeting new people, helping out in the community, contributing for a great cause..
A picture that describes Melissa:
That’s me, anxious to eat ice cream! I love my sweets! ^^
“Melissa is a dedicated, hardworking member of our family. She makes the long commute to Toronto all the way from Peterborough to volunteer for us! She can be quiet, but her sweet personality and good nature never cease to shine through!”
– Ashley Chin