Featured Fridays: Devorah Kim
Devorah Kim is one of our cutest volunteers! Get to know more about her!
1. Why do you want to be part of Kollaboration?
I actually first joined Kollaboration last year, through a friend who received an email about recruiting volunteers for the show. I’ve always admired people who inspire others through their passion and talents, maybe because I haven’t found mine yet, that I came to appreciate and admire them so much. It was also my year off school and I wanted to get myself involved within the community in different ways, so I decided to join the team! After last year’s fun and memorable experience behind the scenes of Kollaboration, I’m excited and ready for another great year with the ever-so enthusiastic Kollaboration team!
2. What one word would you describe this organization and why?
“Togetherness”! It’s amazing how many different people come together to put on this one great show! The Directors, the Marketing Team, the Creative, the HRs, the volunteers, all bring something special that builds a strong “foundation”. Whether it be their talent in leadership, graphic design, photography, or simply just their enthusiastic and energetic personalities – getting to know everyone at the same time as working alongside each other really brings the team together.
3. What one word would you describe yourself and why?
“Clumsy”… Haha I’m not quite sure how to explain the unpredicted mini-mishaps that I often find myself in… But I can tell you that I walk on two left feet (not literally)! Hmm… I guess I can be quite the embarrassment to be around sometimes… (hehehe…sorry =P)
4. Name three of your successes.
1. Accomplishing (&Surviving… ;P) an intense 3 week Air Cadets summer leadership course in Trenton… With the 5:30am trumpet wake up call, all the marching, drill practices, riffle shooting, polished boots and hair gelled back in a bun, I’m glad I pulled through and finished this course successfully.
2. My involvement in community services when I was in high school; It was the experiences and life lessons I had learnt that were my successes.
3. Hardwork pays off! I strongly believe that if you set your mind to something and give it your best, there’s no reason to fear failure… So I guess for now, the journey to my goal is my success…!
Hmm, everybody has something a little “off” from normal, don’t ya think? But then again, what IS normal ?
Because Devorah’s so special, we had to post two photos to describe herself!
I chose the picture of my glasses to represent my entirety… Just because without my glasses I can’t really see… and most of the time, the blame for my clumsiness, walking right into people or things and not waving back at someone who is greeting me goes towards the absence of my glasses muahahaha.
Thank you Devorah, for all your hard work! =)