Talent Tuesdays: David Choi
David Choi makes me believe in love. His original songs and music videos always tugs at my heartstrings! Even his choices for covers are the best ones ever! (I am slightly biased) To be honest, I try to stay away from slow jams for the sake of not turning into a ridiculously hopeless romantic. But when I need that bit of reminder that love exists, I turn to him.
There’s a girl that I sort of know
on the other side of the world
she looks so beautiful
on her internet photo
Her Myspace says that she’s single
and boy I hope that’s true
if she wasn’t I’d feel oh so blue
Would it be strange
if we were to arrange
a date for some coffee or tea
Maybe you’d be
Perfect for me
Oh I wonder
would you like my company
So, I decided to do some research on him. Or in other words, I wiki-pedia-ed him =)
As the sources state on wikipedia:
- David Choi is born March 22, 1986 (Happy belated 25th birthday!)
- He is a Korean American musician and YouTube video producer living in Los Angeles
- He performs a mix of original songs and covers of pop hits
- He has released two albums: Only You (Oct. 2008) and By My Side (May 2010)
- His songs and tracks have been heard on NBC, FOX, VH1, MTV, A&E, E!, Travel Channel, Style, PBS, Food Network, Disney and in international commercials
- He has worked with Kelloggs, Starburst, the American Cancer Society, General Electric, YesStyle, Samsung and J.C. Penney
- On YouTube, he has over 900, 000 subscribers, 102, 000, 000 total video views and more than 13 million channel views
- As of November 2011, he is YouTubes 15th most subscribed musician and 62nd most subscribed user overall.
This past March 30th 2012, some of our Kollaboration team members had the opportunity to hang out with David Choi! He performed at the Annex Wreckroom on Bathurst St. Toronto and HUNDREDS turned out! Someone even did a proposal!
Our very own, Jane Lee, Executive Director of Kollaboration Toronto did an exclusive video with David Choi! Watch below!
Thanks for everything David Choi! Kollaboration Toronto loves you!!!