Daily Dose: Photo of the Day
All rights reserved: David Nguyen, a student in cell and developmental biology at the University of Toronto.
I LOVE TORONTO!
Toronto Star wrote an article: “175 reasons to love Toronto.” Here are some that stood out for me.
1. It is the centre of the (Canadian) universe.
4. We can finally buy a decent burrito.
6. We have independent bookstores in every neighbourhood – and new ones are still opening.
7. Our sports teams wear blue and purple, and we look damn good in blue and purple.
13. Gays and lesbians can marry here.
16. North America’s most stable banks are based here.
22. Admit it: A couple of the seemingly thousands of new condo dwellings are actually rather nice.
26. We have a restaurant devoted to poutine.
30. Dining on pho at 2 in the morning.
36. We dutifully separate our garbage into black, blue and green.
46. We’ve got a sugar museum. And a shoe museum.
49. We are a hockey city, baseball city, basketball city and now a soccer city.
60. Yonge-Dundas Square was supposed to be Toronto’s answer to Times Square. It’s really no comparison, but don’t you want to give the city a big condescending hug just for trying?
88. The view of the city as you drive south on the DVP.
92. The glass staircase in the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts.
93. The glass floor at the CN Tower.
106. The surprisingly vibrant beach volleyball scene at Ashbridge’s Bay.
114. There’s a downtown driving range that doubles as a drive-in theatre.
131. Spectacular patios – the Madison, Quigley’s and the Rectory, to name just three – filling up at the first sign of good weather.
148. Winter DJ skating parties.
Why do YOU love Toronto?
Share in the comments section below!
Keep taking beautiful photos, David! Check out more of his work at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nguyendavid/